NYC SPT is a widely recognized brand in NYC. We are proud to be leaders in comprehensive rehabilitation area. A wide range of innovative rehabilitation services that we provide includes sports rehab, regenerative treatment, injury prevention, return to sports programs and many others. Our clinic was the first one to utilize research technology for treatment and functional diagnosis. Over the years of clinic’s existence our professionals have gathered great experience in treatment of different diseases and conditions. At NYC SPT the most advanced rehabilitation technology is available for our patients in outpatient setting.The unparalleled combination of our technology and methods will become a new standard for the whole field of physical therapy and rehabilitation in the nearest future.
NYC SPT is honoured to offer an academic scholarship for brilliant students. A $1500 scholarship will be awarded to successful individuals to cover their tuition and book expenses.
Who Can Apply
– Each current undergraduate or graduate student interested in biomedical related research (field of biomechanics and movement science) can apply for the scholarship.
-Incoming, full-time and part-time students need to be currently enrolled. To apply, you should verify your enrollment (email your transcript to email@example.com and make sure to fill your name in the subject line). If you are an incoming student, you need to email your acceptance letter.
– If you have been awarded any scholarship or monetary prize before, it won’t influence this scholarship award.
How to Apply
– Write an essay of 500-700 words (maximum).
– Please also include the following info in your essay: Full Name, Date of Birth, Email, Highschool and Graduation Year, Area of study.
Each year we open this scholarship on November 21st. This time we accept applications by July 25th, 2017.
The total award amount is $1500. There will be two winners. The first student gets $800, and the second one – $700. You can check the winner announcement by September 1st, 2017 on this page. We will contact scholarship winners directly at the time of the announcement. The scholarship will be sent to the school’s financial aid office.
Selection Process and Notification
Selection process is based on the essays. A panel of independent judges will be responsible for review.
The essay should include 3 sections. You should provide answers to the following questions:
1. What is the role of technology in future rehabilitation medicine?
2. What is the role of virtual reality in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with movement disorders?
3. What are the challenges in implementing research based approaches to everyday practice?
The winner can use the scholarship to cover tuition and book fees only. After the announcement, the recipient’s enrolled school gets a written check. This check is credited for academic costs and is good only for one semester. One can get this scholarship only once during their lifetime.
NYC SPT’s aims at helping other physical therapy and rehabilitation centers to develop technology based care programs and share knowledge about new technologically based treatments with other patients.